Monday, September 24, 2007

More Anonymous Criticism

I love it when they criticize me. It just goes to show that they're not only keeping tabs on us, but also that we're getting under their skins. As long as we keep telling the truth, they keep getting angry. Isn't that a coincidence?

I don't know if Anonymous is just a popular name among Liberals or if they refuse to name their kids in order to allow them to choose their own when they get older (sort of like not giving them a religion when they're young), but Anonymous commented:
You are obsessed with the Democrats. That shows how lost you angry little people are.
Once again, I extend my invitation to anyone who dislikes what is on my blog to identify themselves. Whether you have issues with my style, my content or just the fact that I refuse to write anything but the truth, I promise I won't bite. I only bark.


Woof.

Now, as to the contents of the comment:

First, notice that nowhere does the writer say I'm wrong. He or she cannot do so, because that would require proving it, something impossible to do when the person you are criticizing has done nothing but furnished the unvarnished truth. However, I would welcome the attempt. As I say, I love to be criticized. If nothing else, it gives me material for the next post. More importantly, if I am wrong, I sincerely hope someone can prove it to me so I can change. Nobody is perfect and I don't pretend to be. Of course I make mistakes, just like everyone else. Show me what they are and I'll be glad to make a public mea culpa.

Arrogant refusal to admit one's flaws and missteps is a character trait of ultra-Liberal politicians.

Second, my issue is not with "Democrats" in general. It's not even with all Liberals. It's with those closed minded Liberals whose only concern is their selfish pursuit of their personal desires. In point of fact, anyone who carefully reads the post to which Anonymous is responding will see that I have taken a stand to defend the rights of rank and file Democrats against their own leadership. Apparently, I hit a nerve.

After all, the Democrats who walked out did so without any prodding from republicans or Conservatives. They were angry all on their own.

Finally, am I angry? Absolutely. We live in a Town whose Government has decided that the people of the Town are an unnecessary distraction. I am angry in the same way that our Founding Fathers were angry at the British Crown.

At the same time, I am always amused at the comments made by those who defend the Town Board. They tend to be personal, subjective, insulting and, when all is said and done, childish.

We must be doing something right.

No comments: