Thursday, September 27, 2007

Post on Another Blog

Another blog has been started in Town recently, so I went to check it out. Lo and behold, it is an "Anonymous" blog. Now, as anyone who has read this blog knows, I do not believe in anonymity. I take responsibility for what I write and it is my firm belief that the Freedoms of Speech and Press not only protect us in expressing our opinions, they give us the responsibility to own up to our publicly expressed thoughts and ideas as that is the only way to maintain those two very precious freedoms.

The rules of the other blog in question require that all posts be made Anonymously, so when I posted the following, I was unable to attach my name to it. However, I am owning up to my comments here, just so there is no misunderstanding about who wrote them:

While it's always good for people to have a forum in which to discuss and debate, it seems to me that we have had too much anonymity in this Town. If we really are all "equals here, neighbors, residents and stakeholders in our town," as the Moderator believes, there is absolutely no reason to hide our identities.

Anonymity in a Town which has been so badly divided through the willful acts of those we elected to represent us is simply an invitation for abuse and mudslinging. Anyone who is posting something responsible should have no problem taking credit for it.

I will respect the Moderator's desires as this blog is his/her property and there is very little I respect more than one's right to do as one wills with one's own property. Consequently, I will not post my own name here, much as I dislike the idea. I will, however, post a copy of this comment on my own blog, where it is clear who wrote it, lest I be accused of being inconsistent in my views and actions.
Need I say more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm new... anticipation to register around more time after time!