Monday, February 5, 2007

What is this all about?

Last Thursday, February 1, the Town Board in the Town of Rochester, NY (not the City of Rochester, but a Township about 2 hours north of NYC) engaged in a direct attack on the free speech rights of the Town's residents by shutting down a Town Board Meeting within a few minutes of opening the floor to Public Comment. They did so because they were about to be criticized for the way they are purported to have treated the wife of a member of the political opposition.

The only person given the floor other than the lady in question was myself. I was not permitted to continue with my comment beyond the first sentence. When I refused to allow myself to be censored by the Town Attorney, the Town Board promptly adjourned its meeting.
This blog has been set up to convey the ongoing story of our struggle against liberal hypocrisy and heavy-handedness. Beyond our local story, however, I hope to provide information on similar local outrages which go unheard around the country.

It is time that we who are being systematically denied our rights as Americans by our municipal governments and other local bodies banded together and demanded that we be represented by governments which are truly "of the people, by the people and for the people."

Please feel free to participate and comment. Unlike many on the other side, I welcome the comments of those who who may disagree with me. However, be aware that they will be answered and mercilessly dissected for flaws in logic and consistency.

No comments: